Thursday, September 11, 2008

Motorcycle Ride?

I went to White Castle Fish Shop for some beverages and the best fish and plantain chips in the world with my friend Alfred last night. We made a pact to go at least once a week in my final weeks. I can never remember what kind of fish I am eating, but I love the deep fried goodness and tasty plantain chips! Complimented by a Smirnoff Ice and I'm a happy girl :)

Food was done, drinks were finished, feeling that it was about that time of day to go home and relax... and I also had to write a ToR for the next morning so I thought I should stop with the beverages and start it at a fairly reasonable time... I was debating which taxi company to call when Alfred was like, why don't I take you home? On his motorcycle. In Guyana. Hmm... I don't know why I didn't just say no. I've never said yes before... But I thought about it. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought, why not? We negotiated speeds. And he assured me I would be safe. He even had a helmet for me! Little bit of a rocky start when he teased me with the engine not starting well (played with the choke) and I confess, the bike did rattle a bit when we got started - but I don't think I held on too tight (he could talk so he must have been able to breathe) and we were off! We took a nice leisurely root home, I think he avoided some traffic for me and it was nice to see Georgetown from a different point of view entirely. Barely any vehicles on the road and Alfred was a very good driver (probably best because I don't know if I am covered under my travel health insurance for motorcycle crashes). I apparently wanted to steer, but I guess the driver is responsible for that, not the passenger!

He dropped me safe at home and my new neighbour's friend called me the "hot chick on the motorcycle" - hmm... maybe I should get my own?

1 comment:

Grey Eyed Girl said...

um, hell yes? and then take me for a ride!