Thursday, May 29, 2008

Adventures with Anu... continued... at the GYM!!

If there was a perfect day to write this post, it would probably have been a Monday. I think I started this post on a Monday, but life happens... But back to Monday - I used to go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays, meaning that I spend Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday recovering from the pain the personal trainer causes me. Sunday is obviously a day of rest and on Monday I decide that yes, I will probably go to the gym again tomorrow, forgetting the pain from the previous week! Who would have thought I'd actually go to a gym? Anu was a great inspiration for me, and I think we are a good source of strength and commitment for each other. Same goals, and tons of fun together!! The first time I was so sore, I could barely walk. Stairs were hell. It got better each time, but still rough sometimes. I rediscover muscles that I didn't even know existed!!

I hate to talk about the gym equipment because I think the owner is great, but some pieces like bikes or steppers terrify me that they are going to fall apart when I sit on them or if I use them - if they even work that day! Weight equipment is well maintained and the place is very clean. There is minimal ogling from male gym goers as we attempt our routine.

We had some issues with our former personal trainer... Mainly tensions between him and Anu - he being interested in more than just training; her, not so much, having a serious boyfriend and all. Me, just in an awkward position.

Even though we aren't training with him, I feel I should mention the potential personal trainer that we met with. Who is massive. I think his arms are the size of my thighs, only solid, sculpted muscle. It took me five minutes to get over it and talk to him without a ridiculous smile on my face which was fine because he couldn't look at me without a shock, thinking that perhaps he was back in Canada. He reminded me of my best friend - his approach to lifestyle change with workout and nutrition etc and he promised not to fall in love with Anu, but the club and gym fees plus training session and transportation costs was a bit ridiculous for our budgets.

We are now attempting to do aerobics three times a week, Anu a bit more successfully than me. My attempt made for one hot and sweaty me - definitely felt energized and a bit sore the next day... I have been weak and tempted by naps and dinner invitations for pepperpot! Not any less committed, but just need to work on my schedule a bit!

Now of course my entire dealing with pain routine will be off with aerobics Mon/Wed/Fri, but somehow I am sure I will still convince myself to go again - especially with Anu's encouragement!!

No comments: