Friday, December 14, 2007

Update

Work has been going well. I am working closer with staff at the Ministry of Health to work on some projects that they are interested in. My paper-based form pilot project is going well. We’ve modified the forms and the staff at the clinics really likes how they flow and act as a checklist. It was great to get some positive and practical feedback on something that I have been working on. I am still working on manuals for the system, but I am at the point where it requires more collaboration with MOH staff because I don’t know the protocols and policies for different activities with the system. I just completed my interim report for CIDA and it was kind of neat to compile a list of “technical achievements” and “skills gained”, as well as compare what I was ‘hired’ to do versus what I am actually doing.

Wallis has gone to holiday in South Africa with her family. Her sister lives there and she is helping her mother move there. It is lonely without her around the office and after work. I miss her wonderful children. Gavin, the GHIS programmer, is currently in Guyana and has been good company. He is working on some new reports for the system and working out some “bugs”. Glen’s contract finished at the end of November. Maria, Samuel and Gobind are still working on my pilot project for me and any other tasks that I find for them. With Glen done and Wallis away, the project vehicle keys have been given to me. That’s right. I have a permit to drive in Guyana and will be getting… a license!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi elizabeth samuel here after a long time . buzz me if u get this ASAP. my email is samuelsmaroo2014@gmail.com