Sunday, February 10, 2008

Moment of Silence

This post seems a little trivial after my last post, but some semi-sad news in my world - my laptop has died. Or has atleast gone into a coma. Typing an email at home and planning a new blogpost last week when it froze. Blue screen of death. Scary error messages. I'm pretty sure that it is dead, but a guy at work is taking a look at it. I didn't have internet access at home, but I used to type the blog posts in the evening and upload them at work so now I will have to fit them in inbetween work.

Currently at Oasis Cafe (www.oasiscafegy.com) typing some emails and planning some applications so I thought I would do this quick update.

Things seemed to have settled over the past couple of weeks after the massacre. The streets in Georgetown were definitely very quiet and I don't think the marchers went beyond their marching in protest.

Work is going well. I am working in a clinic with the GHIS which I am enjoying. So much more to share about that experience!

I am trying to apply to schools while I am here which is an adventure in itself. Can you believe that some schools still require paper applications?!?! Me neither. Frustrating.

More news soon. Keep your fingers crossed for my baby (my laptop). Take care.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Kurt saved my laptop. Brought it back to life when I thought it was lost forever. He's magic.

Currently backing up everything and cleaning up the hard drive. Will take better care of it now.